The DML Montessori School of Quezon City, Inc. is a non-stock, non-profit institution owned and managed by the Daughters of St. Mary of Leuca (DML). It is accredited by government recognition, and is an active member of the Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines (CEAP).
The DML Montessori School of Quezon City was established in 1970 by Mother Elisa Martinez, who founded the congregation in 1938 in southern Italy, and Mother Marta Guglielmi, who became the first school superior. Starting with 30 children in academic year 1970-1971, enrollment grew solely by inspired parents’ word of mouth. In recent years, more than 200 pupils enroll annually.
DML Montessori School fosters the total development of children through systematic Montessori education, Philippine-style. Its methods endeavor to lead the little children to God, giving heed to the appeal made by Jesus in the Gospel: “Let the little children come to me and hinder them not, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matt. 19:13-14. The Marian spirituality of the DML Montessori School encourages and inspires love and honor for the Blessed Virgin Mary as the Mother of God and the Mother of all.
To partner with parents in the development and formation of children into good Christians and upright citizens of the country.
To lead the little children to God through the development of the various aspects of their personality, such as spiritual, moral, social, emotional, mental, and physical, during different phases of the formative years.
The child shall be given adequate care, assistance, and guidance throughout the various levels of growth from infancy to early and later childhood.
Every pupil in DML Montessori School shall enjoy love and special protection. Each one shall be given the opportunity for quality education with the aid of modern facilities and tools of learning.
The school is a haven of love and care where children can respond to God in faith and strengthen their capacity to live a healthy and harmonious life consistent with human dignity through a strong sense of nationalism, social responsibility, and efficacy.
- Presidential Recognition of Merit in 1980 for the total development of children through systematic Montessori education, Philippine-style, awarded during the National Conference for the Development of Children and Youth as part of the celebration of the 4th Decade of the Filipino Child.
- Appreciation Award for 50 years of invaluable service to Catholic Education, from CEAP in 2020.
- Award for the Cleanest and Most Orderly School and Surrounding, given by the Sangguniang Kabataan Pederasyon, Pamahalaang Lokal ng Lungsod ng Quezon.
- Former pupils perform confidently, and often excel, in big school.
- More mature alumni are now successful professionals, some of whom are already parents with children presently or previously enrolled in DML Montessori School.